The Autism Community Classified & Events Calendar!
This website features autism community classified and a calendar for events in the Calgary & Area Autism community.
You can sign up and advertise NOW by visiting http://findit.autismcalgary.com/
or click here.
(Posted Dec 20th, 2012) – Classified
JB Music Therapy
Reigister for Drum Circles
FUNDRUM – Designed for Individuals with Disabilities plus one aide or family member.
For teens and adults.
Tuesdays from 10-11:30am starting January 15, 2013.
Register by calling 403-240-3877
or online at http://jbmusictherapy.com/programs-purchase/
Register before January 7th, 2013.
(Posted Dec 11th, 2012) – Classified
WINTER DANCE/MOVEMENT SESSION
FOR SPECIAL NEEDS
Dance for Physical Needs (Ages 4+)
Autism Movement Program (Ages 4-9)
*NEW* Autism Movement Therapy (Ages 10+)
*NEW* Parent and Tot Movement Program (Ages 2-4 + Parent)
REGISTRATION FILLING QUICKLY!
For more information or to register contact:
403.473.8334 OR dubasovdw [at] gmail [dot] com
Visit our website: www.dubdw.com
(Posted Dec 5th, 2012) – Classified
Autism professional wants to rent private accommodations in Calgary.
I want to be able to work from home providing specialized play and meditation therapy (so two bedrooms are needed).
(403) 667-5435 www.loveplaylearn.com Central SW, NW preferred.
(Posted Nov 8th, 2012) – Classified
Treatment of Tourette Syndrome:
with Dr. Tamara Pringsheim. MD, MSC
Director, Calgary Tourette and Pediatric Movement Disorders Clinic
Date and Time: Thursday, Nov. 22, 7:00-8:30 pm.
Location: Calgary Dream Centre, 4510 Macleod Trail South
Lower Level Theatre, entrance on the east side of building
Free public presentation; no registration required
Further information: Laura Locke, 403-816-0322 lauralocke [at] shaw [dot] ca
Free Parking (back of building on east side) Presented by Calgary Resource Unit, Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada
(Posted Oct 24th, 2012) – Classified
Do you have a child in the CBE?
Are you thinking about placing your child in the CBE?
Collaborative Community Consultation (CCC)
Invites you to have a Conversation with the CBE
December 6, 2012
7pm – 9pm
Pat Cochrane, Chairperson, Board of Trustees
Naomi Johnson, Chief Superintendent of the CBE
Deborah Lewis, Superintendent, Learning Services
Topic: “Success for Every Student:
CBE Being/Becoming an Inclusive Learning Community”
Pre-registration required Limited seating available
Email: ccc [dot] cordinator [at] gmail [dot] com
Call: Janet @ 403-301-3372
CBE Area I Office
Parkdale Centre, Conference Room
728-32nd Street NW, Calgary, AB
Follow us on:
Facebook: Collaborative Community Consultation
(Posted on Aug 23rd, 2012) – Job Posting
After School Care Aide Support
We are urgently looking for a reliable person to provide aide support in after school care program for our 6 year old daughter with autism. The school is located on Varsity Drive and hours are from 3 pm to 5 pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5 pm on school PD days (once a month). The hourly wage is $20/hr. Must have some experience working with special needs kids.
Please call 403-714-9633 or 403-454-5035.
(Posted on Aug 23rd, 2012) – Job Posting
Community Rehabilitation Worker/Program Coordinator
Looking for an energetic and fun individual to facilitate community, social, and recreational activities for a nineteen year old girl with autism. 30+ hours per week – Monday thru Friday during the day. Note there is some flexibility with work days if willing to work 4 days a week with longer hours.
Duties – Primary duties involve probing and adjusting programming as instructed by the family and monitoring progress. Responsibilities include:
- Provide personal support services and assist in the maintenance of self-care and daily living skills including washing, bathing, dressing and toileting.
- Assess client’s relevant skill strengths and developmental needs in order to determine eligibility for services and identify means of adapting volunteer, social and recreational activities to facilitate maximum participation
- Liaise with other service agencies and providers involved with clients and constantly seek out and connect the individual to services/programs
- Develop, coordinate and implement delivery of specific services in the community and provide support for social interactions (music therapy, dance class, horseback riding, gym, volunteering, etc.)
- Identify means of adapting social and recreation activities to facilitate maximum participation by acting as a role model, facilitating positive interactions and providing individual assistance as needed
Qualifications – This position is ideal for someone that has a minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and who has:
- Completed a college/university degree in a Human Services field (e.g., psychology, education, communicative disorders, community rehabilitation, etc.)
- Experience in CPI/Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and CPR/First Aid training
Other Requirements and Skills – Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Must be highly professional and able to depersonalize any behaviors
- Open to and able to act on continuous performance feedback in order to improve quality of work and outcome for the individual
- Trustworthy, dependable, and demonstrated ethical behavior
- Calm, happy, reinforcing, outgoing and patient (sense of humor is critical!)
- Strong commitment to the inclusion of persons with disabilities in society
- Must be able to swim
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment
- Must have own vehicle
Remuneration – You will be well paid with hourly rate will be based on experience and ability. Benefit package is available. Start date as soon as possible. Please email your CV and cover note to: sherry [dot] miller [at] shaw [dot] ca
(posted June.21st 2012) – Job Posting
Employment in beautiful Bermuda
FULL-TIME LIVE-IN OR LIVE-OUT SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD CAREGIVER REQUIRED
We are seeking a dedicated, caring and experienced Live-in or Live-out Special Needs Child Caregiver who has a sincere love of children. Duties will include all aspects of caring for a two year old child with special needs and general light housekeeping duties relating to the child.
The successful applicant must be reliable, must speak fluent English and have a genuine interest in the development and advancement of young children. The applicant must be a non-smoker and hold a valid Bermuda driver’s license (or be prepared to obtain the same). The applicant must possess a proven record of good integrity, excellent employment references and must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays when required. The applicant must have two (2) years proven experience in both the care and development of young children and must possess up to date First Aid and CPR certifications or be willing to become certified. Must be educated in early childhood development and special needs. Additional qualifications in play therapy techniques would be beneficial.
Interested applicants should forward a resume and at least two (2) employment letters of reference to:
Heidi Capuano, S.O.S. Limited, P.O. Box HM 1721, Hamilton HM GX,
Tel. 441 295-1585, Fax: 441 295-1495, Email: heidi [at] capcarsos [dot] com
Summer Music Therapy Session
(posted May.7th, 2012)
Are you looking for something fun for your child to do this summer? Discover how music therapy can help accomplish your child’s academic and life skill goals and objectives.
Music Therapy activities include singing, playing instruments, musical games, and moving to music. These activities promote social interaction, improve language and communication skills, improve gross and fine motor coordination, increase sensory stimulation, and address academic and life skills. CLEAR Music Therapy is having a Summer Music Therapy Special. Six, 30 minute sessions for $180 From July 23 – August 31st. Payment Plans Available.
Autism Partnership Hands-On ABA Training Workshop
(posted on May.7th 2012)