- Recognize each family is unique; the family is the constant in the individual’s life; that they are the experts on the individual’s ability and needs; and, the strengths and needs of all family members are considered.
- Easily accessible sources of timely, complete and unbiased information offered in a supportive way.
- Meaningful participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families.
- Individual, parental and guardian choice to assure that people on the autism spectrum are treated with respect and dignity.
- Programs that place primary emphasis on the strengthening of individuals and family functioning in ways that empower people to act on their own behalf.
- Financially accountability to all stakeholders.