Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) living meaningful and purposeful lives in a community that values them
- Support … Bring hope and help meet the needs of families and individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Speak … Be the voice of families and individuals living with ASD
- Educate … Increase awareness and understanding of ASD
- Advocate… Secure and defend the best quality of life for those with ASD throughout their lifespan and their families
- Promote … Encourage the advancement of meaningful research and the development of effective treatment options
- Recognize each family is unique; the family is the constant in the individual’s life; that they are the experts on the individual’s ability and needs; and, the strengths and needs of all family members are considered.
- Easily accessible sources of timely, complete and unbiased information offered in a supportive way
- Meaningful participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families.
- Individual, parental and guardian choice to assure that people on the autism spectrum are treated with respect and dignity.
- Programs that place primary emphasis on the strengthening of individuals and family functioning in ways that empower people to act on their own behalf.
- Financially accountability to all stakeholders.
Support and Information
- Child & Family Services e.g. Child & Family Focused Supports (Respite, Medical, Transportation, Community Aide, etc…), Developmental/Behavioural Aide Support, Specialized Services (Intensive Behavioural Intervention)
- Education options; Preschool, grade school and community programs, adult education
- Home-Based intervention programs
- Child & Family Services and Alberta Education appeal process
- Biomedical, Complimentary and Alternative interventions
- Click on contact for our office hours